Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join our Mesa outpatient team! This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday.
Responsible for providing effective customer service to both internal and external SBH customers. Will work as a collaborative team environment assisting with the coordination of call center operations, case management services, and communication of community resources at the direction of the UM/UR Specialist or their designated Case Manager(s).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Takes vital signs of consumers and communicates results to prescribers.
- Administers injections as needed.
- Calls one-day prior to appointment for next day doctor appointments.
- Coverage of front office when needed.
- AHCCCS/MHS verification or any other eligibility requirements.
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate.
- Establishes, updates, and otherwise maintains all program client databases and scheduling consumer appointments.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Participates in the assessment of consumer eligibility and entitlement. Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols.
- Processes lab results, requests for medication refills/issues and requests for prescriber transfers.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided.
- Works at the direction of clinical teams to remove systemic barriers and assist families to access benefits and community resources.
- Provides information to staff, consumers and family members concerning community resources and linkages to other services.
- Assists consumers and families in securing appointments with outside services and agencies, as needed.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided
- Ensures confidentiality of verbal and written consumer information.
- Prepares clients/charts for Psychiatrist both adult and children.
- Receives direction on a daily basis and works as team with the CSRs, Administrative Coordinator and site staff.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- One - Two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
- Must maintain good consumer relationships, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to identify priorities and stay organized.
- Must possess good clerical aptitude and knowledge of business English.
- Requires prior clerical experience with preferably in a behavioral health setting.
- Knowledge of database, Excel and Word are preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.