Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join our Erickson outpatient team!
This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday.
We believe you succeed when you’re at your BEST!
That’s why we have designed a very unique compensation package focused on your quality of life! Our generous benefits packages include:
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance 403(b)
- 10 Paid Holidays, Generous Vacation & Sick Time
- Malpractice Insurance
- Licensure Reimbursement
- Performance Incentives
- Pet Insurance
Other great benefits include, telehealth services, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
As Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for providing effective customer service to both internal and external SBH customers. Will work as a collaborative team environment assisting with the coordination of call center operations, case management services, and communication of community resources at the direction of the UM/UR Specialist or their designated Case Manager(s).
- Takes vital signs of consumers and communicates results to prescribers.
- Administers injections as needed.
- Calls one-day prior to appointment for next day doctor appointments.
- Coverage of front office when needed.
- AHCCCS/MHS verification or any other eligibility requirements.
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate.
- Establishes, updates, and otherwise maintains all program client databases and scheduling consumer appointments.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Participates in the assessment of consumer eligibility and entitlement. Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols.
- Processes lab results, requests for medication refills/issues and requests for prescriber transfers.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided.
- Works at the direction of clinical teams to remove systemic barriers and assist families to access benefits and community resources.
- Provides information to staff, consumers and family members concerning community resources and linkages to other services.
- Assists consumers and families in securing appointments with outside services and agencies, as needed.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided
- Ensures confidentiality of verbal and written consumer information.
- Prepares clients/charts for Psychiatrist both adult and children.
- Receives direction on a daily basis and works as team with the CSRs, Administrative Coordinator and site staff.
We would love you to join our team if you:
- Consists of a 21-year age
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- One - Two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
- Requires prior clerical experience with preferably in a behavioral health setting.
- Must maintain good consumer relationships, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to identify priorities and stay organized.
- Must possess good clerical aptitude and knowledge of business English.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- Knowledge of database, Excel and Word are preferred.