Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Bullhead City Outpatient Clinic is looking for a Medical Assistant to join our Bullhead City Outpatient team!
Responsible for medical and administrative support to prescribing staff. Providing effective care and coordination to both internal and external SBH customers. In addition, acts as a liaison between consumers, prescribers, and other clinical staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Takes vital signs of consumers and communicates results to polycom prescribers as needed.
- Administers injections, performs venipuncture and EKGs as ordered
- Makes requested client contact calls for medication related follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols.
- Processes lab results, requests for medication refills/issues, prior authorizations and requests from prescribers
- Completes Targeted Investment Screening and PCP coordination for all enrolled clients
- Assists with scheduling prescriber appointments and coordination for clients who are transitioning from inpatient care
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- One to Two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
- Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon needs/requirements of the clinic
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.