Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join our Prescott Valley Outpatient Clinic. This is a full-time position with working hours Monday - Friday between 7am-7pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In this position you will be responsible for providing effective customer service to both internal and external SB&H customers.
- Take vital signs of consumer and communicates results to prescribers.
- Process medication refill requests. Process med issues, prior authorizations, and monitors lab results.
- Processes requests for Prescriber transfers. Manages Prescriber schedules (blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.).
- Establishes, updates and maintains all program client databases and scheduling consumer appointments.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Participates in the assessment of consumer eligibility and entitlement.
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols.
- Processes lab results, requests for medication refills/issues and requests for prescriber transfers.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by Doctors, Program and/or Administrative Coordinator.
- Prepares clients/charts for Psychiatrist both adult and children.
- Receives direction from Program Coordinator/Director and works as a team with the Front Office Representatives and other clinical/medical staff.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- One - Two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
- Must maintain good consumer relationships, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to identify priorities and stay organized.
- Bilingual preferred.