Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join the Southwest Family Medicine Primary Care program! Work schedule is Monday through Friday working between our Broadway and Mesa Clinics.
Responsible for providing effective customer service to both internal and external SB&H customers. Will work as a collaborative team environment assisting with the coordination of call center operations, case management services, and communication of community resources at the direction of the UM/UR Specialist or their designated Case Manager(s).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Takes vital signs of consumers and communicates results to prescribers.
- Administers injections as needed.
- Calls one-day prior to appointment for next day doctor appointments.
- Coverage of front office when needed.
- AHCCCS/MHS verification or any other eligibility requirements.
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate.
- Establishes, updates, and otherwise maintains all program client databases and scheduling consumer appointments.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Participates in the assessment of consumer eligibility and entitlement. Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols.
- Processes lab results, requests for medication refills/issues and requests for prescriber transfers.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided.
- Works at the direction of clinical teams to remove systemic barriers and assist families to access benefits and community resources.
- Provides information to staff, consumers and family members concerning community resources and linkages to other services.
- Assists consumers and families in securing appointments with outside services and agencies, as needed.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided
- Ensures confidentiality of verbal and written consumer information.
- Prepares clients/charts for Primary Care Physician or Family Nurse Practitioner for both adult and children.
- Receives direction on a daily basis and works as team with the Front Office Representative, Administrative Coordinator and site staff.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- One - Two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
- Must maintain good consumer relationships, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to identify priorities and stay organized.
- Must possess good clerical aptitude and knowledge of business English.
- Requires prior clerical experience with preferably in a behavioral health setting.
- Knowledge of database, Excel and Word are preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.