AZ-Bullhead City-Bullhead City Outpatient Clinic (O)
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant for our Bullhead City Outpatient Clinic. Work hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30am-5:30pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take vital signs and communicate results to polycom prescribers as needed.
- Administer injections, perform venipuncture and EDGs as ordered.
- Make requested client contact calls for medication related follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Process lab results, requests for medication refills/issues, prior authorizations and requests from prescribers.
- Provide ongoing coordination of care for consumers.
- Complete Targeted Investment Screening and PCP coordination for all enrolled clients.
- Assist with scheduling prescriber appointments.
- Assist with coordination of care for clients transitioning from inpatient care to the outpatient setting.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age, High School Diploma or G.E.D., and completion of a Medical Assistant training program.
- Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- One to two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
- Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements.