AZ-Phoenix-7th Avenue Outpatient/Methadone Clinic (R)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join our 7th Ave Outpatient clinic! Work schedule is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 7 AM to 5 PM, Wednesday and Friday 7 AM to 12 PM.
In this position, you will work in a collaborative team environment assisting with the coordination of all center operations, case management services, and communication of community resources. Will work with the medical provider to take vital signs, work on prior authorizations for medications and address requests for medication refill/issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains medication records in accordance with state regulations, indications, and resources
- Works with Prescriber staff in monitoring of medications, changes of medication orders, refills and authorizations
- Obtains client vitals
- Informs clients of the need for random drug testing and collect specimens from clients as needed including drawing blood for laboratory testing
- Conducts EKG and blood draw as ordered
- Documents attendance and client activity in charts per SBH/ADHS standards
- Documents client vitals in record
- Consults with Prescriber/Psychiatrist as necessary regarding the administration of medications, monitoring of medications, and changing of medication orders
- Assists in coordination of care for consumers
- Participates in clinical case staffings as required
- Documents client activity, including oral swab screening
Education & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- One - Two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
- Experience in a community-based psychiatric practice and/or methadone program preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred