Medical Assistant - Front and Back Office
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join our Erickson outpatient team! The position will be working both front office and back office.
Responsible for providing effective customer service to both internal and external SBH customers. Will work as a collaborative team environment assisting with the coordination of call center operations, case management services, and communication of community resources at the direction of the UM/UR Specialist or their designated Case Manager(s).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Confirms appointments one to two days prior for all medical, counseling, and intake appointments.
- Schedules medication, counseling, and intake appointment.
- Obtains vital signs for tele-med prescribers and PCP providers
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols
- Administers injections, performs venipuncture and EKGs as needed
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution
- Manages Prescriber/PCP schedules (scheduling appointments, blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases and scheduling of consumer appointments
- Calls one-day prior to appointment for next day BHMP and PCP appointments.
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate
- Completes Shells in EMR system
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Calls to reschedule appointments when clinical staff are out unexpectedly.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by CSR Supervisor and/or Program Director.
- Greets clients and check in/out of appointments.
- Answers all incoming phone calls by third ring.
- Confirms/updates consumer contact information.
- Verifies client insurance eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D, etc.
- Processes transfer requests
- Collects client fees/copay
- Assist clients with applying for AHCCCS
- May assist with processing refill request, med issues, and/or prior authorizations.
- Obtains appropriate paperwork from clients.
- Receive direction on a daily basis and works as a team with site staff, CSR Supervisor and/or Program Director.
- Triage client services
- Submit prior authorizations for insurance
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Certified Medical Assistant highly preferred.
- One - Two years of experience in a behavioral and/or clinical setting required.
- Must maintain good consumer relationships, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to identify priorities and stay organized.
- Bilingual preferred.