Maintenance Technician Assistant
Maintenance Technician Assistant
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician Assistant to join our Maintenance Department! This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday.
As a Maintenance Technician Assistant, you will provide basic maintenance and repair to all facilities and locations, including business offices, clinics, and client living quarters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of troubleshooting and repair tasks including the maintenance and repair of company-owned structures and facilities.
- Create and maintain a listing of light bulbs, wattages and fixtures for all sites – utilize this list to complete an inventory of necessary bulbs and change those bulbs as needed
- Assist in the maintenance of the document retention program including picking up boxes at various locations, returning boxes to storage, coordinating with Maintenance Assistant as to where boxes will be placed and pulling boxes for destruction and inventory
- Deliver items and supplies to outlying sites in Northern\Western Arizona
- Receive and complete work orders for Smoke Detector battery changes and replacements
- Catalog and inventory all filters needed for HVAC equipment at all company owned sites. Complete filter changes as needed and maintain supply listing of filters
- Attends trainings and seminars to ascertain new knowledge and stay apprised of latest solutions available in the field
- Deliver items to technicians in the field, including but not limited to HVAC supplies, building materials, cabinetry and other miscellaneous supplies
- Creates and maintains an inventory of Maintenance supplies and materials
- Escort vendors at high security sites such as CRU
- Receive training in and be a point of contact for emergency lock replacements
- Will be required to respond to on-call for emergency situations after hours and on weekends.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must have at least 1-2 years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of years in trade school, professional experience or college level course work
- HS Diploma or GED
- Experience with inventory, ordering, working with vendors, and delivery preferred
- Must be able to lift/carry 75 to 150 lbs.
- Must have good working knowledge of PC systems, general maintenance, and the Phoenix Metro area.
Job Reference #: 4759