Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse
Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse
AZ-Prescott Valley-Methadone Prescott Valley Outpatient Clinic
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Are you a Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse that truly loves helping others? Then we’d love to share this amazing opportunity with you at our Outpatient Clinic/Opioid Recovery Services Program in Prescott Valley, AZ! As a Nurse with Southwest Behavioral & Health Services, your day will be filled with new experiences while making a difference in so many lives. Schedule consists of Monday-Friday 5:30am-2:30p.m. and every third Saturday 6:30am-9:30am.
WHAT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Draw blood & send to lab
- Perform injections
- Ensure that medications are available for service participants as needed
- Accept medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with State regulations, indications and resources
- Work with prescribers in the monitoring of medications and changing of medication orders
- Complete charting and record keeping per SBH/ADHS standards
- Participate in Clinical case staffing
- Assist with PCP coordination
- Assist in SBH chart audit process
- Providing therapeutic interactions and activities.
- Skilled in the use of approved CIRT and Seclusion & Restraint techniques, including using the least restrictive interventions appropriate for the situation
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY:
- Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse
- Have a current license in AZ
- One year in the area of behavioral health and/or healthcare nursing
- Have fingerprint clearance issued by AZ Department of Public Safety OR be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Behavioral Health Skills including:
- Techniques for assessing strength and weaknesses in your patients
- Ability to implement behavioral management interventions if needed
- Ability to document client treatment/progress in records
- Knowledge of State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations. Works with Clinical Supervisor to assure the Unit meets standards.
- Ability to work with clients and their families on their stabilization over an extended period of time
PREFERRED NURSING SKILLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Experience in a community based psychiatric practice
- Experience with SMI population
- Ability to take physicians orders and execute is required, with knowledge of psychiatric medications including:
- Their indications
- Common side effects
- Reactions and interactions of medications that could be prescribed
- Knowledge of community resources specific to the behavioral health population
- Basic computing abilities and familiarity with MS Office
- BILINGUAL IN ENGLISH & SPANISH IS A PLUS!
Be part of our growth by bringing your incredible nursing skills to our team. Apply with us today!