Licensed Therapist-School Base
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated and inspiring School Base Licensed Therapists who can help us fulfill our mission “Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities.”. We are seeking someone who loves working with children, good listener, empathetic, organized and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Prescott Valley team!
You do not have your AZ Licensure and hold a Master’s degree in Counseling and Social Work? Ask us about the great opportunity to start as a non-licensed Therapist and career advancements. Wait! Let me tell you that we offer licensure reimbursements and supervision. Don’t wait any longer and apply now to take advantage of the opportunity and the sign on bonus!
We are now offering a sign-on bonus of $3,500 upon hire. Eligible for $2,500 after your first 30 days and $1,000 eligible to be received after 6months.
Job Preview at a Glance:
The School-Based Therapist is an exciting position where no one day is the same! This staff member delivers solution-focused and strength-based services to a caseload of youth, kindergarten to 12th grade. Therapists have office space within the school setting, and also provide in-home services to the family unit. After hired, School-Based Therapists spend their first two weeks in a supportive training environment, then transition to shadowing peers in the field. Therapists provides supportive services include: intakes, assessments, treatment planning, individual counseling, and psychosocial group interventions. This position reports to a Program Director.
Location and Schedule:
The School-Based Therapists provide services during school hours of 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Works from the School District or in office out of our Prescott Valley Outpatient. We offer competitive wages!
- Provides therapy and clinical case management for full caseload of students and/or families.
- Develops and maintains intakes, assessments, and treatment plans.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation in accordance to SB&H clinical standards.
- Collaborate with school administrators, social worker, and teaching personnel to meet the needs of individual clients and school programs.
- Coordinate community resources alongside clinical staff and other human service professionals.
- Leads psychosocial education groups and implements other effective prevention programs that reduce risk factors for students.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Master’s degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work)
- 1 year of full-time behavioral health experience preferred
- Level I fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees’ low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. We offer licensure reimbursements and supervision hours for those seeking their Independent License. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.