Licensed Practical Nurse
Behavioral Health Technician
Licensed Practical Nurse
AZ-Phoenix-Desert Cove (R)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are seeking for a LPN for our Desert Cove Ave Residential Facility! The Desert Cove/19th Avenue site located near 19th Ave and Peoria provides 24 hour supervision for 15 SMI consumers in a community based setting. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you will work as part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team serving SMI adults. You will also provide medication assistance to clients residing in a Community Living setting providing behavioral and medically integrative health care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor known health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity.
- Review the effects and side effects of medications.
- Improve medication adherence
- Provide assistance with self-administration of medications when and where the individual needs them within the context of safety for the individual and staff providing services.
- Provide monitoring of physical/medical status.
- Accepts medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with State regulations, indications and resources.
- Works with prescribers in the monitoring of medications and changing of medication orders.
- Completes charting and record keeping per SBH/ADHS standards.
- Participate in Clinical case staffing.
- Facilitate coordination with the consumer’s clinical team and PCP.
- Assists in SBH chart audit process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must be a LPN, currently licensed in the States of Arizona. Must have post-degree experience of two years in the area of behavioral health and/or healthcare nursing.
- Motor Vehicle clearance and 3 years' driving experience required.
- Experience in a community based psychiatric practice preferred.
- Experience with SMI population preferred.
- Ability to take physicians orders and execute is required.
- Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed is required.
- Knowledge of community resources specific to the behavioral health population preferred.
- Techniques for identifying strength and weaknesses in individual clients are required.
- Ability to work with clients and their families on their stabilization over an extended period of time is required.
- Ability to implement behavioral management interventions if needed is required.
- Ability to document client treatment/progress in records is required.
- Knowledge of State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations is required. Works with Clinical Supervisor to assure the Unit meets standards.
- Spanish speaking is desirable.