Licensed Practical Nurse
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for our Desert Cove Ave Residential Facility! The Desert Cove/19th Avenue site located near 19th Ave and Peoria provides 24 hour supervision for 15 SMI consumers in a community based setting. Work schedule will be Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you will work as part of a clinical multi-disciplinary team serving SMI adults. You will also provide medication assistance to clients residing in a Community Living setting providing behavioral and medically integrative health care.
Our Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the ability to gain a thorough working knowledge of methadone maintenance and addiction in adults and children. Knowledge of psychiatric medications and their indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
- Organizational skills
- Flexible with schedule
- Strong communication skills
- Patience under stress
- Experience working with Psych is a plus
- Ability to work with members and their families
About the Position
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will work in a collaborative team environment assisting with the coordination of all center operations, case management services, and communication of community resources. Will work with the medical provider to take vital signs, give injections, process lab results and requests for medication refill/issues, and provide Methadone-dosing services (applicable to Methadone site-based staff). Will perform thorough and current documentation of contact with consumers and services provided. Procedures will be under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs medication injections as directed by Prescriber staff
- Accepts medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with state regulations, indications, and resources
- Works with Prescriber staff in monitoring of medications, changes of medication orders, refills and authorizations
- Obtains members vitals
- Informs clients of the need for random drug testing and collect specimens from clients as needed
- Works with Clinical Supervisor to ensure the Unit meets standards
- Documents attendance and client activity in charts per SBH/ADHS standards
- Documents client vitals in record
- Assists in SBH chart audit process
- Consults with Prescriber/Psychiatrist as necessary regarding the administration of medications, monitoring of medications, and changing of medication orders
- Assists in coordination of care for consumers
- Participates in clinical case staffing’s as required
- Documents client activity, including oral swab screening
- Monitors amount of Methadone product and supplies
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Must be an LPN, currently licensed in the States of Arizona. Must have post-degree experience of two years in the area of behavioral health and/or healthcare nursing.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: d8036c21-2ef4-4a18-a88c-730fa754a128