Licensed Practical Nurse
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our 7th Avenue Clinic Outpatient and (Medicated Assisted Treatment) Site.
About the Position
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you will work part of clinical multi-disciplinary team. Provide methadone-dosing services to appropriate clients. Documents client activity, including urine screening. Consults with staff Psychiatrist in the administration of medications. Works with staff Psychiatrist in the monitoring of medications and changing of medication orders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtains client vitals and performs medication injections as directed by Prescriber staff
- Accepts medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with state regulations, indications, and resources
- Works with Prescriber staff in monitoring of medications, changes of medication orders, refills and authorizations
- Informs clients of the need for random drug testing and collect specimens from clients as needed
- Works with Clinical Supervisor to ensure the Unit meets standards
- Documents attendance, client vitals in record, and client activity in charts per SBH/ADHS standards
- Assists in SBH chart audit process
- Consults with Prescriber/Psychiatrist as necessary regarding the administration of medications, monitoring of medications, and changing of medication orders
- Assists in coordination of care for consumers
- Participates in clinical case staffing(s) as required
- Documents client activity, including oral swab screening
- Monitors amount of Methadone product and supplies
- Provides Methadone dosing to clients
- Informs clients of the need for random drug testing and collects specimens from clients
- Responsible for maintaining medical supplies and ordering as needed
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), currently licensed in the States of Arizona.
- Must have post-degree experience of two years in the area of behavioral health and/or healthcare nursing.
- Experience in a community-based psychiatric practice and/or methadone program
- Spanish speaking
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values, and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.