Licensed Practical Nurse
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Job Preview at a Glance:
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you will work part of clinical multi-disciplinary team. Provide methadone-dosing services to appropriate clients. Documents client activity, including urine screening. Consults with staff Psychiatrist in the administration of medications. Works with staff Psychiatrist in the monitoring of medications and changing of medication orders.
Location and Schedule:
We are seeking for a LPN to join our 7th Avenue Clinic Outpatient and (Medicated Assisted Treatment) Site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs medication injections as directed by Prescriber staff
- Accepts medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with state regulations, indications, and resources
- Works with Prescriber staff in monitoring of medications, changes of medication orders, refills and authorizations
- Obtains client vitals
- Informs clients of the need for random drug testing and collect specimens from clients as needed
- Works with Clinical Supervisor to ensure the Unit meets standards
- Documents attendance and client activity in charts per SBH/ADHS standards
- Documents client vitals in record
- Assists in SBH chart audit process
- Consults with Prescriber/Psychiatrist as necessary regarding the administration of medications, monitoring of medications, and changing of medication orders
- Assists in coordination of care for consumers
- Participates in clinical case staffing(s) as required
- Documents client activity, including oral swab screening
- Monitors amount of Methadone product and supplies
- Provides Methadone dosing to clients
- Informs clients of the need for random drug testing and collects specimens from clients
- Responsible for maintaining medical supplies and ordering as needed
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Must be a LPN, currently licensed in the States of Arizona.
- Must have post-degree experience of two years in the area of behavioral health and/or healthcare nursing.
- Experience in a community-based psychiatric practice and/or methadone program preferred
- Spanish speaking preferred
SB&H is a part of pre-authorized loan forgiveness programs. Additionally, we want to will help staff save for retirement, we offer a 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We have a wide array of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans to enroll in after 30 days of employment. We value your growth personally and professionally, and provide ample promotional opportunities.
Our Core Values:
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE