Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
AZ-Bullhead City-Methadone Bullhead Outpatient Clinic
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse that truly loves helping others? Then we’d love to share this amazing opportunity with you as an LPN in Mohave County! As a Licensed Practical Nurse (or LPN) with Southwest Behavioral & Health Services, your day will be filled with new experiences while making a difference in so many lives. This position will act as a Float LPN, working site in Mohave County i.e. Bullhead City ORS (Opioid Recovery Services) Program, and some coverage to OP (Kingman, Lake Havasu, and Bullhead City). The schedule for this position includes working full-time 40 hours per week with an early shift. Ideally you would be working 4 days per weeek including every second or third saturday working 6:30am-12:30PM.
WHAT YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Draw blood & send to lab
- Perform injections
- Ensure that medications are available for service participants as needed
- Accept medication orders from physician via telephone and medication records in accordance with State regulations, indications and resources
- Work with prescribers in the monitoring of medications and changing of medication orders
- Complete charting and record keeping per SBH/ADHS standards
- Participate in Clinical case staffing
- Assist with PCP coordination
- Assist in SBH chart audit process
- Providing therapeutic interactions and activities.
- Skilled in the use of approved CIRT and Seclusion & Restraint techniques, including using the least restrictive interventions appropriate for the situation
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY:
- Be a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Have a current license in AZ
- One year in the area of behavioral health and/or healthcare nursing
- Have fingerprint clearance issued by AZ Department of Public Safety OR be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Behavioral Health Skills including:
- Techniques for assessing strength and weaknesses in your patients
- Ability to implement behavioral management interventions if needed
- Ability to document client treatment/progress in records
- Knowledge of State of Arizona Nursing Rules and Regulations. Works with Clinical Supervisor to assure the Unit meets standards.
- Ability to work with clients and their families on their stabilization over an extended period of time
PREFERRED NURSING SKILLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Experience in a community based psychiatric practice
- Experience with SMI population
- Ability to take physicians orders and execute is required, with knowledge of psychiatric medications including:
- Their indications
- Common side effects
- Reactions and interactions of medications that could be prescribed
- Knowledge of community resources specific to the behavioral health population
- Basic computing abilities and familiarity with MS Office
- BILINGUAL IN ENGLISH & SPANISH IS A PLUS!
Be part of our growth by bringing your incredible nursing skills to our team. Apply with us today!