Learning and Development Specialist
Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are seeking for a Learning and Development Specialist to join our Human Resource Department!
Learning and Development Specialist-Performs on-going logistics and coordination of agency-wide New Hire Orientation to include: scheduling training, locations, dates, times, presenters, virtual and room-set up as needed. Will collaborate in the delivery of core required training such as CPR/ AED, Therapeutic Options, Cultural Competency courses as needed and other trainings required of the position. Will have an understanding of the Learning Management System and assist in the delivery, creation and modification of online and live trainings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivery of core required training such as NEO, CPR/ AED, Therapeutic Options, Cultural Competency courses and other trainings as needed
- Works closely with all disciplines within L&D/HR dept., supervisors, and staff to ensure smooth administration of required processes
- Works with supervisors and employee to enroll in new hire trainings and Relias LMS
- Keeps supervisor informed of problems encountered with specific processes or actions
- Prepares and maintains sign-in sheets, tests, and evaluations for all trainings
- Assists presenters with the preparation of all training materials for in person and virtual sessions.
- Reviews new hire Relias accounts and enrolls staff in the assigned curriculum as required by position.
- Monitors Relias LMS Auto Enrollments for mistakes and corrects these on a daily basis.
- Processes staff changes in Relias accounts and HMS, i.e. separation, leave, promotions, etc.
- Tracks new staff participation in scheduled training sessions via sign-in/out sheets, maintains statistical information for reporting, communicates findings to supervisor and enters data
- Monitors NEO, Clinical Week and ongoing training registrations for attendance, promotion, and cancellation
- Responds to all incoming L&D related JIRA tickets within 72 hours
- Develops and implements new systems to improve the overall effectiveness of the training function
- Assists in the development and execution of processes as they relate to NEO participation
- Ability to travel and provide trainings to SB&H sites and other agencies.
- Order New Hire training supplies as needed.
- Sets up and monitors L&D calendar for specified trainings quarterly.
- Creates Relias LMS training sessions for specified trainings quarterly and alters as needed
- Communicate facility needs to appropriate departments.
- Manages Relias LMS by ensuring accurate employee data (i.e., competencies, RU, supervisor, department, statuses) and troubleshooting.
- Informs workforce staff of upcoming trainings on behalf of HR Training
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings, interdepartmental & otherwise
- Works with HR Assistant to handle, filing, new hire files and file management on an ongoing basis.
- Attends required in-house training as well as position specific sessions for developmental purposes
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
Education & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED, AA or Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Two years related experience in behavioral health and learning and development, with increasing responsibility in training and facilitation.
SBH& H is a drug free workplace, drug screening required. EOE