Learning and Development Specialist
Learning and Development Specialist
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently seeking a motivated, energetic Learning and Development Specialist to join our HR team! Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
In this position, you will be responsible for facilitating CPR/FA, CIRT, Ethics, Cultural Competency and other prescribed trainings throughout the entire organization. Must be flexible and open to traveling throughout Arizona.
- On-going logistics coordination of New Hire & Clinical Orientation to include; scheduling training, locations, dates, times, presenters and room set-up as needed.
- Facilitates trainings for Certification and Re-Certification
- Works closely with all disciplines within HR/Training dept., supervisors, and staff to ensure smooth administration of required processes
- Works with supervisors and employee to enroll in new hire trainings and Relias LMS
- Keeps supervisor informed of problems encountered with specific processes or actions
- Prepares and maintains sign-in sheets, tests, and evaluations for all trainings
- Assists presenters with the preparation of all training materials
- Creates new hire orientation agendas, Relias accounts and enrolls staff in the assigned curriculum as required by position.
- Monitors Relias LMS Auto Enrollments for mistakes and corrects these on a daily basis.
- Processes staff changes in Relias accounts, i.e. separation, leave, promotions, etc.
- Maintains New Hire files, database and tracking systems
- Tracks new staff participation in scheduled training sessions via sign-in/out sheets, maintains statistical information for reporting, communicates findings to supervisor and enters data
- Monitors NEO, Clinical Week and ongoing training registrations for attendance, promotion, and cancellation
- Responds to all incoming L&D related JIRA tickets within 72 hours
- Develops and implements new systems to improve the overall effectiveness of the training function
- Assists in the development and execution of processes as they relate to NEO participation and No Show tracking
- Ability to travel and provide trainings to SBH sites and other agencies.
- Order New Hire training supplies as needed.
- Sets up and monitors L&D calendar for specified trainings biannually
- Creates Relias LMS training sessions for specified trainings biannually and alters as needed
- Communicate facility needs to appropriate departments.
- Manages Relias LMS by ensuring accurate employee data (i.e., competencies, RU, supervisor, department, status,) and troubleshooting.
- Reminds workforce staff of upcoming trainings on behalf of HR Training
- To ensure compliance and adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program, department, and organization
- Other duties as assigned
- A.A. or Bachelor’s Degree plus two years’ experience in behavioral health or learning and development, or equivalent combination of education and experience with increasing responsibility in training and requirement compliance.
- Proficient with MS Office, Outlook, database management and complex reporting, spreadsheets etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve logistical issues as they relate to training delivery; conflicts in dates, times, locations, presenters
- Requires knowledge of staff and organizational training needs, internal and external training resources and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to provide ethical, high quality, timely, professional, and positive customer service
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
Job Reference #: 4650