Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently seeking a full time Therapist to join our Metro Outpatient Clinic!
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance:
Lead Therapist is responsible for providing timely, evidence-based clinical and non-clinical support services to adults, children and adolescents, including screening, assessment, treatment planning, individual, family, couples and group counseling, case management and crisis intervention. All services are guided by the Jason K. Principles and delivered according to guidelines set forth by the RBHA and ADHS.
- Develops and implements treatment plans, clinical assessment criteria and programmatic goals, objectives and activities.
- Performs intakes and psychosocial assessments of families, children, and adolescents.
- Conducts ongoing therapy with families, families, children, and adolescents within a brief therapy framework.
- Conducts home visits and case consultations as needed.
- Provides on-call crisis intervention coverage based upon needs of clinic. This may include coverage during normal working hours, evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Attends and actively participates in in-service training sessions, related training opportunities as made available, staff meetings, and agency committees.
- Accurately and appropriately documents client services provided according to the approved clinical standard rules, regulations and procedures of the agency.
- Maintains required number of client contact hours per week.
- Maintains the expected level of productivity.
- Actively engages in Clinical Supervision in pursuit of Independent Licensure per the SB&H Professional Development Procedure and in accordance with the AZBBHE.
- May work with students fulfilling requirements for program of study in the behavioral health field.
- Serves as the clinical point person for all RBHA and SBH staff requests.
- Assists with hiring, training, supervising, and directing new staff as needed.
- Required to carry company cell phone and be scheduled on-call on a rotational basis, per program needs.
- Provides clinical supervision for Bachelor and Master level students, per school requirements.
- Monitors compliance with standards and requirements.
- Plans and facilitates clinician meetings, as indicated.
- Provides clinical review and co-signature on assessments and service plans completed by BHT’s in accordance with licensing guidelines.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age
- Master’s Degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work) and Licensed at the Associate level (per program requirements) by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners
- One (1) year of full-time behavioral health experience required.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Good academic and working knowledge of DSM IV, State SMI check list, Community Resources, Psychotropic Medications, Crisis Intervention, Clinical Methods and Procedures, Intervention Techniques and ability to apply same to possibly unstable, treatment resistant adult/adolescent/child of various ethnic cultures for co-occurring disorders (GMH/SA/SMI). To include one year of clinical supervision experience in a behavioral health setting
- Required to be available weekends, evenings, nights and holidays as scheduled to provide on call crisis intervention coverage. Schedule may vary based upon needs of clinic.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
SB&H Mission & Values: To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, www.sbhservices.org.
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE