Behavioral Health Technician
AZ-Phoenix - Community Resilience Center
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Job Developer to join our Day Treatment Program.
The goal of this position is to develop a comprehensive class and sheltered work shop opportunity around janitorial services. Works within the CRC Job Development program to implement specialized SBH vocational services for clients as related to facilities. Provides hands on training and assistance to clients to improve marketable job skill abilities and job coaching. May perform and teach other tasks in the program such as moving, hauling, delivery, garage sale shopping, and assistance with the thrift store. Assists in developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with local employers and community providers to maximize the opportunities for persons in services to enter the labor force.
- Responsible to implement and maintain a vocational job development program with a primary focus on painting services, facilities maintenance, and moving (personal items, furniture, etc.).
- Communicates and works in conjunction with Facilities and SBH HUD management department to coordinate job scheduling and completion deadlines.
- Develops and teaches hands on job development skills in individual and group formats to persons in services.
- Serves as a job coach providing direction and the assistance needed for individuals to maintain work.
- Provides hands on behavioral health direct service to program participants to include; individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention treatment as needed.
- Prepares and presents job readiness training and activities.
- Documents and bills for services provided according to approved clinical standards, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and implement treatment, case plans, skills assessment, programmatic goals, objectives and activities.
- Coordinate the intake process and facilitate access to the program.
- Works with local service providers, case managers and employers to link persons in services with vocational opportunities.
- Undertakes training related special projects and provides technical assistance, as directed.
- Prepares written reports as required by funding source(s) and SBH management.
- Interact with and provide consultation and education services to community agencies as needed for program promotion
- Insures acquisition of program supplies in a cost effective manner.
- Engages in other job development assignments including administrative, thrift store, janitorial, and teaching participants purchasing skills.
- General maintenance and clean up
- Responsible for all maintenance equipment, upkeep, and security of company property.
- Minimum requirements; Bachelor’s degree preferred or, An equivalent 5 year combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health and or job development with experience in light maintenance, experienced painter preferred; Motor Vehicle clearance required.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Experience with seriously mentally ill adults preferred
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
- Certification in First Aid & CPR.
- Basic working knowledge of general maintenance and commercial janitorial skills.
- Ability to teach and supervise persons with disabilities job skills
- Ability to document consumer progress, intervention, and treatment issues.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and ability to type.
- Knowledge of mental health/rehabilitation programs and services, rehabilitation principles and practices and vocational services practices.
- Knowledge of local labor market(s) and latest trends in vocational rehabilitation.