Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 3 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Job Developer to join our Day Treatment Program. This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday.
The successful Job Developer provides hands on training, coaching, and assistance to clients to increase confidence and improve marketable job skills. Must be able to perform, teach, and coach the skills applicable to Basic retail skills for a small second-hand retail environment. Preparing incoming merchandise for sale, stocking merchandise on store racks/shelves, providing customer service, process customer transactions, open and close cash registers, etc.
- Ability to work independently, supervising/coaching ‘vocational trainee’ painting crew in the field.
- Work areas kept clean and uncluttered; focus on safety of your team at all times.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage and injury.
- Keep storage areas and needed supplies well-stocked, clean, and properly stored.
- Drive vehicles required to transport work crew to off-site job locations work, including vans, industrial trucks with lift gates, etc.
- Teach and promote fundamentals of interior painting service by hands-on modeling of job specific skills at all times.
- Responsible to implement and maintain a vocational job development program with a primary focus on skills of specific job responsibility.
- Assist the Supervisor of the Job Development program with developing new practices and policies that improve current services and activities.
- Communicates and works in conjunction with Facilities and SBH HUD management department to coordinate job scheduling and completion deadlines.
- Develops and teaches hands on job development skills in individual and group formats to persons in services.
- Serves as a job coach providing direction and the assistance needed for individuals to maintain work.
- Engages in practices that support job development and retention of program participants.
- Provides hands on behavioral health direct service to program participants to include; individual, group, life skills training, behavior management, and crisis intervention treatment as needed.
- Prepares and presents job readiness training and activities.
- Documents and bills for services provided according to approved clinical standards, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop and implement treatment, case plans, skills assessment, programmatic goals, objectives and activities.
- Coordinate the intake process and facilitate access to the program.
- Coordinates and follows up on referrals for job development and peer work services.
- Works with local service providers, case managers and employers to link persons in services with vocational opportunities.
- Undertakes training related special projects and provides technical assistance, as directed.
- Interact with and provide consultation and education services to community agencies as needed for program promotion
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma/GED and two years of behavioral health/integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- An Associate's degree in an unrelated field and at least one year of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six months of behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- Have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and are able to pass a motor vehicle screen for insurance purposed in order to transport client
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- A related Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field; OR
- A Bachelor's degree in an unrelated field and at least six months of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience
- Experience in working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Experience with seriously mentally ill adults preferred
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE