IT Application Analyst
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are currently looking for an IT Application Analyst to join out IT Department!
Under general direction the IT Application Analyst will develop, design, document, maintain, evaluate, support and provide problem resolution and train users for SB&H EHR and billing system applications and performs a variety of technical and analytical and Project Management services for all SB&H clinical software as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for the complete lifecycle of SB&H clinical applications, with emphasis on EHR and billing systems, including but not limited to idea conception, design, build, documentation, implementation, training and maintenance of clinical software applications and interfaces.
- Maintains and supports application security, menu structures and logons for the EHR, billing applications and other clinical software as assigned.
- Identifies opportunities for improving clinical workflows, processes and implementing best practices related to the EHR (Axiom/HMS) and works with multidisciplinary teams to implement improvements and changes.
- Works with clinical teams, internal departments and associated vendors to resolve and update clinical applications as needed to provide quick resolution to any identified issues.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and maintains daily transactions and processes for clinical applications.
- Seeks guidance and escalates issues to management when necessary.
- Works closely with IT Teams and the PMO for clinical software projects by coordinating and communicating important facets of the software application.
- Assists with and provides project management and that includes planning, implementation timelines, resource and time management, budgeting, monitoring, accountability, documentation, reporting, risk management and effective communication.
- Assists in determining project scope, goals, and objectives involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Assists after hours as needed and conforms work hours to needs of customers, internal and external to SB&H.
- Communicates with IT leadership on all clinical software testing, modifications, upgrades and new development needs to ensure alignment with organizational and IT strategic goals.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of training materials and training of staff as necessary on EHR (Axiom/HMS) and other clinical systems as assigned.
- Ensures that all clinical software solutions align with internal security policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements (e.g. CARF Accreditation, HIPAA, HITECH).
- Works with IT/PMO support teams and IT leadership to ensure service level requirements are met.
- Manages strategic relationships with external service and technology providers.
- Effectively communicates with IT teams, stakeholders, and vendors in regards to technical storytelling for all levels of expertise.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year experience in a clinical environment or 2+ years work experience within a clinical environment using an EHR system.
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare operations, information technology, clinical operations, nursing and physician workflows, and EHR/billing applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to respond quickly in high pressure situations
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE