Information Technology Application Owner
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are looking for an EHR Application Analyst Manager to join our Information System/Technology Team!
Under general direction the EHR (Electronic Health Record) Application Analyst Manager acts as a lead to develop, design, document, maintain, evaluate, support and provide problem resolution for SB&H Electronic Health Record and billing system applications and performs a variety of technical and analytical services for all SB&H clinical software.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for the complete lifecycle of SB&H clinical applications, with emphasis on EHR and billing systems, including but not limited to idea conception, design, build, documentation, implementation, training and maintenance of clinical software applications and interfaces.
- Maintains and supports application security, menu structures and logons for the EHR, billing applications and other clinical software as assigned.
- Identifies opportunities for improving clinical workflows, processes and implementing best practices related to the EHR (Axiom/HMS) and works with multidisciplinary teams to implement improvements and changes.
- Works with clinical teams, internal departments and associated vendors to resolve and update clinical applications as needed to provide quick resolution to any identified issues.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and maintains daily transactions and processes for clinical applications.
- Seeks guidance and escalates issues to management when necessary.
- Works closely with IT Teams and Project Management Director and Junior Project Manager for clinical software projects by coordinating and communicating important facets of the software application.
- Assists after hours as needed and conforms work hours to needs of customers, internal and external to SB&H.
- Communicates with IT leadership on all clinical software testing, modifications, upgrades and new development needs to ensure alignment with organizational and IT strategic goals.
- Responsible for report development and documentation to ensure compatibility with other systems and adequate documentation for long-term support efforts.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of training materials and training of staff as necessary on EHR (Axiom/HMS) and other clinical systems as assigned.
- Develops, monitors and reviews reports needed to meet programmatic, Agency, State, County, and Federal reporting requirements assuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensures that all clinical software solutions align with internal security policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements (e.g. CARF Accreditation, HIPAA, HITECH).
- Supervises the EHR Application Analysts
- Works with IT support teams and IT leadership to ensure service level requirements are met.
- Manages strategic relationships with external service and technology providers.
- Works with IT leadership on preparation and management of IT capital and operating budgets.
- Supervise staff, including training, direction of work, appraisal of productivity and efficiency, delivery of feedback and coaching, and disciplinary action, if required. Provides reports, summaries and documentation as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Working knowledge of relational databases (e.g. SQL Server).
- Must have advanced knowledge and experience with HIPAA and HITECH rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience implementing and supporting EHR (Axiom/HMS) and practice management systems within a healthcare/behavioral health environment is strongly desired.
- Experience with interface/integration methodologies (e.g. HL7) in the healthcare setting.
- Experience with HIE (Health Information Exchange) platform concepts desired.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to understand and identify clinical technology needs and identify solutions.
- Requires capability of managing system changes in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to respond quickly in high pressure situations.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and keeping leadership notified of the status of all projects is required.
- Must be available for after-hours on-call support rotation.
- Must be available for occasional overnight travel as needed within the state.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Follow standard processes and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to collaborate with a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 7 years work experience in a clinical environment using an EHR system.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Expert knowledge and experience in healthcare operations, information technology, clinical operations, nursing and physician workflows, and EHR/billing applications.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance.