Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated and professional HVAC Tech who can help us fulfill our mission our “Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities.”. We are seeking someone with management skills, problem solver, organized and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Maintenance team!
Job Preview at a Glance:
The HVAC Tech maintains, troubleshoot, repair and supervise the operation of all company owned HVAC\Refrigeration equipment. Provide HVAC\Refrigeration repair to all Center facilities and locations, including business offices, clinics, and client living quarters. This position reports to Maintenance Manager.
Location and Schedule:
This is a Monday-Friday day shift schedule, with a rotating on call schedule reporting to the Maintenance Department located on 7th Ave and Buckeye Rd. In this position a company work van is issued.
- Perform a variety of troubleshooting and repair tasks including the maintenance and repair of company-owned structures and facilities.
- Performs HVAC condensation plumbing maintenance and repairs including, replacing or installing condensation lines, feed lines, vents, flush valves, pipes, and unplugging lines.
- Assist with the process of obtaining bids for requested HVAC work and providing input as to which contractor should be selected
- Assist in inspections of company owned property and prepare sites HVAC systems for REAC, HUD, HOME and HQS inspections as needed
- Performs welding and metal fabricating tasks while maintaining building, and repairing structures and equipment.
- Performs electrical system diagnosis and repair tasks including the installation of new breakers, outlets, wiring and conduit
- Source and purchase items\services from vendors to ensure the best value for the organization.
- Repairs, replaces, installs and maintains refrigeration and heating systems including heating units of all types, coil relays, contactors, motors, valves, blowers, freezers, coolers, and other low temperature units, monitor carbon monoxide and dioxide levels.
- Creates and maintains a schedule for HVAC preventative maintenance on all company owned units
- Maintains and inventories HVAC materials and refrigerant
Must have at least 5 years directly related experience; or equivalent combination of two years trade school or college level course work in electrical wiring, refrigeration, plumbing, HVAC or related field. HVAC certified. Required to possess and maintain valid Arizona driver’s license. Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees’ low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. We offer licensure reimbursements and supervision hours for those seeking their Independent License. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.