Human Resources Business Partner
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services offers an array of integrated behavioral & health programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. The Human Resources Department is seeking a confident HR Business Partner who can help us fulfill our mission, “We inspire people to feel better and reach their potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you self-directed and collaborative with a strong employee relations background? If so, you may be just the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Human Resources Team!
What great perks are in it for you?
- Great flexibility in schedule including hybrid schedule with ability to work anywhere throughout Arizona!
- Have a dream vacation planned? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, this gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program, and student loan debt assistance!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options including telemedicine via phone, web app, 3 Dental Plan options, mental health services, and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance- As a Human Resources Business Partner you will administer procedures and plans to facilitate and support, a high-performance culture, strong employer reputation, employee engagement, employee relations and legal compliance. You will counsel and guide others on employee related issues by thoroughly investigating and resolving concerns, while appropriately documenting case details and relevant information. Working collaboratively as a part of our Human Resources team no two days will be the same. If you are looking for an exciting new challenge this is the job for you!
- Reduces risk and ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations relating to employment such as Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC).
- Consults with managers to ensure consistent implementation of employee relation policies and procedures. Consults and advises client groups regarding people solutions; collaborates with supervisors in problem solving, in pursuit of company and department goals.
- Works with managers regarding a conflict resolution and resolving employee relation issues including the review of written warning documentation and/or involuntary terminations for compliance to company policies and employment laws
- Coordinates and investigates employee complaints and prepares final recommendations related to employment, discrimination, sexual harassment etc.
- Manages unemployment claims and represents the company during appeal hearings.
- Escalates complex/difficult concerns to the VP of HR and others when appropriate.
- Evaluates and recommends specific HR processes, including internal complaint procedure, and performance evaluation documentation and develops and implements enhancements as needed.
- Provides general information to staff relevant to established company Policy and Procedure as outlined by the SBH Employee Handbook
- Works with supervisors and employee to enroll in trainings and Relias LMS
- Ensures compliance by running regular reports of training requirements and communicating compliance needs with supervisors.
- Ensures HR records reflect thorough and complete onboarding of new employees, and ongoing records management for all employees, including training, policy and practice acknowledgements.
- Requires BA/BS in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, plus 1-3 years progressive Human Resources experience with a strong understanding of employee relations and employment law or equivalency of education/experience.
- Experience working within healthcare preferred.
- PHR, SHRM_CP preferred
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE