Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
AZ-Kingman-Kingman Outpatient Clinic (O)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our HR Department! The position will be working at Kingman and 25% travel to Phoenix and other Northern AZ sites is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Employee Relations - Administers procedures and plans to facilitate and support, a high-performance culture, strong employer reputation, employee engagement, employee relations and legal compliance. Counsels and guides others on employee related issues by thoroughly investigating and resolving concerns, while appropriately documenting case details and relevant information.
- Onboarding - Ensures compliance for all new hires with E-Verify and I-9 completion. Works with Talent Advisors to create a positive onboarding experience for newly hired employees. Complete background checks, ensure new hire paperwork is received accurately and on time.
- Training – Increase attendance to workshops, facilitates and coordinates New Employee Orientation and other training trainings as needed.
- Reduces risk and ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations relating to employment such as Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC).
- Consults with managers to ensure consistent implementation of employee relation policies and procedures. Consults and advises client groups regarding people solutions; collaborates with supervisors in problem solving, in pursuit of company and department goals.
- Works with managers regarding a conflict resolution and resolving employee relation issues including the review of written warning documentation and/or involuntary terminations for compliance to company policies and employment laws
- Coordinates and investigates employee complaints and prepares final recommendations related to employment, discrimination, sexual harassment etc.
- Manages unemployment claims and represents the company during appeal hearings.
- Conduct required New Employee Orientation
- Provides general information to staff relevant to established company Policy and Procedure as outlined by the SBH Employee Handbook
- Coordinates and monitors New Employee Orientation and other training registrations as needed for attendance, promotion, and cancellation
- Works with supervisors and employee to enroll in new hire trainings and Relias LMS
- Prepares and maintains sign-in sheets, tests, and evaluations for all trainings
- Assists presenters with the setup of training rooms and preparation of training materials
- Ensures compliance by running regular reports of training requirements and communicating compliance needs with supervisors.
- Ensures HR records reflect thorough and complete onboarding of new employees, and ongoing records management for all employees, including training, policy and practice acknowledgements.
- Coordinates drug and alcohol screening, background checks, orientation and onboarding.
Education & Qualifications:
- Requires BA/BS in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field, plus 1-3 years progressive Human Resources experience with a strong understanding of employee relations and employment law or equivalency of education/experience.
- Experience working within a healthcare preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations applicable to Human Resources, i.e., Employment Law, Wage & Hour, Fair Labor, EEO/AA, FMLA, ADA, etc.