HUD Property Manager-Metro Phoenix Area
HUD Property Manager-Metro Phoenix Area
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Looking for talented HUD Property Manager to join our Southwest Behavioral & Health Service Phoenix Team!
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
The goal of the SBH HUD housing program is to provide accurate, up to date information, to protect the company’s assets by establishing effective internal controls, and to treat our tenants with respect. In an ever changing environment, we strive to build a department that is professional, flexible, and team oriented
Works in conjunction with SBH HUD office to address Landlord Tenant, housing, and community issues that arise. Facilitates movement and bed capacity, provides assistance as needed to onsite staff in ensuring requirements are met. Works as an integral part of a team
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring maximum occupancy of independent units.
- Responsible to SBH HUD office to report any Landlord Tenant issues.
- Coordinates and resolves community relations issues, disputes, and other related issues
- Works with facilities and vendors to coordinate maintenance as needed
- Works on call after hours and weekends to facilitate maintenance and other tenant issues.
- Post 48 hour notices of inspections per HUD regulations.
- Completes quarterly facility inspections of the Independent HUD Properties in accordance with applicable laws and guidelines.
- Complete all HUD Move out Inspections and Move IN Inspections for independent units.
- Trouble shoots maintenance needs and priorities, submits applicable work orders
- Works independently across scattered site locations.
- Collect Laundry monies from scattered sites and brings coins to HUD Office.
- Notifies direct supervisor of actual or potential challenges with consumers and works as an integral part of a team
- Investigates unusual utility bills and report any non-compliance issues.
- Deliver all non-compliance notices to tenants.
- Attend Court Hearings as representative of HUD office as requested.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work is performed in office, SBH HUD Property locations, in the community, and in tenant’s homes.
- Evening or weekend hours may be required on an as needed basis.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping or stretching.
- Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones and copiers. Able to lift/carry 10-50 lbs.
Education & Qualifications:
- Effective performance of the position’s duties require the minimum of a High School diploma and must have one year of behavioral health experience.
- Minimum requirement of one year property management experience or strong behavioral health experience.
- Experience with the Landlord Tenant ACT and public housing.
- Housing Quality Standard Inspection Certified highly desirable (must be obtained within six months of employment)
- Reliable transportation, valid AZ Driver’s License, and Motor Vehicle clearance required.
- Knowledge of HUD’s low income housing rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently with discretion and judgment to achieve program objective.
- Ability to manage and meet demands of populations served
- Able to form productive relationships with tenants and resolve issues in accordance with department goals
- Knowledge of Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- On Call after hours, required to carry a company phone.
- Ability to organize and coordinate with internal departments, vendors, and community resources.
- Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals.
- Reliable transportation, valid AZ driver’s license, and Motor Vehicle clearance required.
Ready to join our team? Complete an online application today. We look forward to reviewing and learning more about your background and experience!
Job Reference #: 5007