HR Generalist / Employee Relations
HR Generalist / Employee Relations
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking an HR Generalist to join our HR team in Phoenix! This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week.
Working as the HR Generalist you will serve as the point of contact for current and former employees to advise, coach, and support employees and managers on a broad range of employee issues. Evaluate and analyze employee concerns, quickly interpret the situation, determine appropriate resolution, transaction, and/or escalation, and communicate the resolution to the employee. Deliver appropriate recommendations for disciplinary action, performance concerns, HR policy interpretation, employee complaints, and employee disputes. Will assist and advise employees and managers on the best course of action regarding improving overall employee morale, employee job satisfaction and workplace engagement. May include carrying out responsibilities related to performance management, training/development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, and employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Consults with managers to ensure consistent implementation of employee relation’s policies and procedures.
· Works with managers regarding a conflict resolution and in resolving employee relation issues.
· Coordinates and investigates employee complaints and prepares final recommendations related to employment, discrimination, sexual harassment etc.
· Counsels and guides others on employee related issues by thoroughly investigating and resolving concerns; while appropriately documenting case details and relevant information.
· Responds and completes unemployment insurance claims/hearings.
· Provides feedback to management on call trends, process gaps, identified root causes, and recommended creative solutions for continuous improvement and reduction of escalated issues
· Evaluates and recommends specific HR processes, including internal complaint procedure, and performance evaluation documentation and develops and implements enhancements as needed.
· Recommends appropriate revisions to new or existing SBH policies & procedures in accordance with the Human Resource program objectives.
· Provides general information to staff relevant to established company Policy and Procedure as outlined by the SBH Employee Handbook.
· Conduct required organizational trainings as needed.
· May be required to travel throughout the Phoenix and/or Northern AZ region as needed.
Education & Qualifications
· Requires BA/BS in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
· 1-3 years progressive Human Resources experience with a strong understanding of employee relations and employment law or equivalency of education/experience.
· Experience working within a healthcare or behavioral health industry strongly preferred.
Job Reference #: 4547