Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a HR & Onboarding Assistant to join our Human Resources Department!
This position will be working Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM in office located near Central Phoenix.
- Assist the Onboarding Specialist with the processing of new hire on-boarding and off-boarding functions for new hires, interns, volunteers, and students.
- Assists new hires with fingerprint clearance card applications, I9 and E-Verify, new hire paperwork completion and inquiries as needed.
- Assists Onboarding Specialist with coordination and tracking of new hire clearance and communicating updates to respective new hires, hiring managers and Talent Advisors as needed.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR Department functions and duties.
- Works closely with all disciplines within HR, supervisors, and staff to ensure smooth administration of required processes.
- Performs HRIS data entry and maintains confidential personnel files.
- Manage the set-up, storage, delivery and tracking of employee personnel files.
- Manages the vacancy preparation, storage of terminated employees.
- Assist with the coordination of all activities associated with post-job offers to candidates including, but not limited to, reference verification, work history, educational background, and post offer drug screen requirements.
- Processes documentation relating to personnel activities.
- Responsibility for the filing and organization of personnel information in both hard copy and electronic formats.
- Prepare materials for onboarding, benefits enrollment, terminations and other projects as assigned.
- Manages the uploading of interview guides to the Applicant Tracking System.
- Provides support for Employee Badge System: assist with creation, tracking and retrieval of badges according to agency policy and procedure.
- Provide various administrative support for the HR team
- Respond to HR service desk tickets and assign to the appropriate individual(s).
- Coordinate department meetings, trainings and engagement events.
- Provides back-up for the receptionist as needed.
- Ordering HR office supplies as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years' work experience in a professional office/administrative environment preferred.
- Previous experience in HR highly preferred.
- Must be proficient in word processing, complex spreadsheets, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as possess the ability to learn new software systems.