Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking a Housing Specialist to join our Community Resilience Program! This position will give you the opportunity to make an immediate and meaningful impact in the lives of our members we serve.
In this position you will be supporting members in Phoenix, Arizona at our HOPWA community with maintaining and improving their physical and mental health. This position will report to the Program Coordinator who will support you and your team’s success. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM with a focus on flexibility and work-life balance.
Do you have a few years of Direct Care experience? Maybe you are a new graduate with a Psychology degree and internship experience, with 1 year of Direct Care Experience. If so, we want to speak to you!
Our Ideal Candidate will be passionate about behavioral health and would use the below to describe their work style:
- Flexible – No two days are the same!
- Caring – At SB&H we pride ourselves in offering services that go above and beyond.
- Organized – Timely and accurate documentation is the key to success in this position.
About the position
Working as a Housing Specialist, you will facilitate eligibility screening and housing placement for individuals/families infected and affected with HIV/AIDS. Assist residents in achieving housing stability within a continuum of housing services. Provide assessment, placement, and follow-up support services to target population. Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop individual housing plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs intakes, screening and assessments on potential residents. Performs property management responsibilities, facilitates annual leases, addendums and monitor’s lease compliance, addresses lease violations and promotes housing stability across caseload assignment.
- Processes notices of noncompliance, and facilitates eviction documentation. Coordinates and processes lease terminations, relocations, and presides in eviction hearing as needed in conjunction with Program Manager.
- Facilitates all housing procedures according to HUD Housing regulations, Fair Market Rents, Rent Reasonableness, and performs HQS/Habitability Standards Inspections prior to resident move in.
- Provides Housing according to the Fair Housing Act, Arizona Residential Tenant Landlord Act and facilitates requests for reasonable accommodations according to ADA regulations.
- Oversees caseload, and supportive service delivery. Completes and Develops Quarterly Housing Plans and Quarterly Residential Inspections. Completes residential work orders, tracks all repairs and unit turns.
- Meets with residents in transitional (3x/month) and completes monthly home visits and coordinates HIV medical compliance and community linkage to services.
- Responsible for property assignments and management of 15- 20 units of housing stock. Coordinates with SBH Facilities Dept. to coordinate repairs and tracking of unit repairs.
- Oversees hygiene and safety standards of all units; inspects apartments, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and unit up-keep with residents.
- Minimum requirements consists of a High School diploma or GED and minimum of 12 months behavioral health, housing, or case management experience working with underserved or vulnerable populations and/or HIV/AIDS and/or infectious disease
- Bachelor’s degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences, Public Administration, Business, Urban Planning or related field preferred
- Negative TB results required
- Required to pass a 39 month MVR Report.
- Must be eligible and/or have a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public
- 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after continued service!
- 10 paid holidays
- Low-cost medical and vision insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
We are seeking an individual to help us fulfill SB&H’s mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.