Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Housing Specialist for our HOPWA program. This position will be housed out of our Opportunity Center Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
Working as a Housing Specialist, you will facilitate eligibility screening and housing placement for individuals/families infected and affected with HIV/AIDS. Assist residents in achieving housing stability within a continuum of housing services. Provide assessment, placement, and follow-up support services to target population. Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop individual housing plans.
- Performs intakes, screening and assessments on potential and current residents.
- Meets with residents in transitional housing (2x/month) month or more, to assess needs and ensure compliance with program agreements.
- Oversees hygiene and safety standards of all units; inspects apartments, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers; reviews emergency escape plans and unit up-keep with residents.
- Identifies unmet needs of residents, provides service engagement, linkage to services, coordinates referrals and provides follow-up.
- Facilitates procedures for entering and exiting program and preparation of units.
- Maintains housing/Health & Safety standards of all properties and master leased units.
- Consults with internal staff and external case managers/service providers in establishing goals and objectives; participates in internal and external staffing.
- Develops Individualized Housing Plans with residents.
- Intervenes in crisis situations and coordinates with other supports as needed.
- Consults with landlords and management companies, as needed or directed, regarding responsibilities to units and ensures that repairs are made.
- Understands Arizona Landlord and Tenant Act and its application to residents and units.
- Participates in community planning, advocacy and networking with other providers, as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains strong collaboration with all Project HHHOME providers and property site management.
- Facilitates annual recertification, maintains HQS Housing Habitability Standards for all units. Follows income and rent procedures as well as resident lease compliance
- Shares emergency on-call duty as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum requirements consists of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences, Sociology or related field with 1-2 years of full-time behavioral health/ housing experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling five years is acceptable
- Experience working in supported housing with HIV/AIDS and Spanish speaking desired
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Required to pass a 39 month MVR Report