Behavioral Health Technician
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Housing Specialist for our HOPWA program, for our new Project HHHOME! This position will be housed out of our Administration Building working Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
Working as a Housing Specialist, you will facilitate eligibility screening and housing placement for individuals/families infected and affected with HIV/AIDS. Assist residents in achieving housing stability within a continuum of housing services. Provide assessment, placement, and follow-up support services to target population. Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team to develop individual housing plans.
- Performs intakes, screening and assessments on potential and current residents.
- Meets with residents in transitional housing (2x/month) month or more, to assess needs and ensure compliance with program agreements.
- Oversees hygiene and safety standards of all units; inspects apartments, smoke detectors and fire extinguishers; reviews emergency escape plans and unit up-keep with residents.
- Identifies unmet needs of residents, provides service engagement, linkage to services, coordinates referrals and provides follow-up.
- Facilitates procedures for entering and exiting program and preparation of units.
- Maintains housing/Health & Safety standards of all properties and master leased units.
- Consults with internal staff and external case managers/service providers in establishing goals and objectives; participates in internal and external staffing.
- Develops Individualized Housing Plans with residents.
- Intervenes in crisis situations and coordinates with other supports as needed.
- Consults with landlords and management companies, as needed or directed, regarding responsibilities to units and ensures that repairs are made.
- Understands Arizona Landlord and Tenant Act and its application to residents and units.
- Participates in community planning, advocacy and networking with other providers, as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains strong collaboration with all Project HHHOME providers and property site management.
- Facilitates annual recertification, maintains HQS Housing Habitability Standards for all units. Follows income and rent procedures as well as resident lease compliance
- Shares emergency on-call duty as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum requirements consists of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social/Behavioral Sciences, Sociology or related field with 1-2 years of full-time behavioral health/ housing experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling five years is acceptable
- Experience working in supported housing with HIV/AIDS and Spanish speaking desired
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
- Required to pass a 39 month MVR Report