Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a Health Mentor to join our Metro Outpatient program! This is a full time position.
Job Preview at a Glance:
This position is responsible for assisting InSHAPE members to develop and implement their personal wellness program. Provides support, education, and motivation related to physical fitness, nutrition, and wellness. Encourages by example. Provides individual and group activity instruction. Works independently in community settings with individual consumers or leading activities. Collects data on participant progress. InSHAPE is a comprehensive program to improve the health and longevity of people experiencing mental illness. InSHAPE activates the principles of the Recovery Philosophy, including a person-centered approach based upon self-determined, self-directed and self-managed care. Social inclusion and community engagement strategies are integrated into the wellness-focused, participant driven program.
- Provides community based support services to insure implementation of client's health goals.
Manages a caseload of 30 clients to establish and implement individual SHAPE plans.
Enroll participants into electronic clinical record (ECR) and complete documentation and/or paperwork per SBH standards and InSHAPE requirements.
Works collaboratively with clients, treatment team, program staff and the InShape Coordinator to design and support individual service plans for SBH and InSHAPE.
Provides fitness training, monitoring, and continuing reassessment of exercise, nutrition and healthcare commitments.
Administers fitness assessments as needed and records data.
Attend and participate in InSHAPE training ( to include all-expenses paid travel) and/or phone calls along with SBH required in-service training, supervision and/or clinical oversight.
Helps plan and facilitate quarterly celebration/recognition events for participants.
Works with clients, volunteers and community partners to increase client independence.
Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age.
Personal Trainer Certification or willing to work towards certification (certification paid for by SB&H).
A High school diploma or GED and 4 years of full-time health experience OR
Related Associate’s degree and three years of full-time health experience related OR
Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences or Social Work plus one year of behavioral health experience (preferred) OR
An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling five years is acceptable
Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients
Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines
Computer skills required
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment!
- 10 paid holidays
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Our Core Values
- Compassion: We take an empathetic and caring approach to the well-being of one another through personal connections.
- Integrity: We do the right thing by being sincere, honest, and keeping our word under any circumstance.
- Quality: We uphold a standard of excellence that focuses on achieving successful outcomes.
- Empowerment: We champion self-determination, equity, and inclusivity in an environment where our team and community feel valued.
- Innovation: We pioneer change by encouraging team involvement and dynamic thinking that implement progressive solutions.
- Trust: We nurture a culture where each individual can express themselves by building relationships based on respect, reliability, acceptance, and honest communication.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE