Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and professional Grants Lead who can help us fulfill our mission. “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. We are seeking someone who enjoys interpreting figures and data, grants accounting background, ability to solve problems, organized and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Finance team!
Job Preview at a Glance:
Leads all Finance-related grants activities including preparing billings, training and assisting staff accountants, ensuring all reporting is complete, accurate, and timely for all parties. This position reports to an Accounting Manager.
Location & Schedule:
This position is a hybrid position working Monday-Friday with one day in office. This position reports to the Administration Building located on 3rd St and Osborne.
Pay: Starting $74k
- Prepare portion of billings
- Ensure all grants info, including what’s been invoiced and payments received, is being maintained in Jira/Confluence
- Take the lead on new grants coming in to ensure all information received including billing instructions, budget, etc and assign to staff accountant
- Follow-up with program staff, PE, Payroll, and staff accountant assigned to bill, to ensure payroll-related piece will be setup properly to capture and report time per payors’ requirements
- Follow-up on recurring issues for the accountants or payors so all billable costs are flowing through the systems for staff accountants to easily identify and bill payors
- Ensure all grants-related communications with our payors are addressed timely
- Reconcile the invoice tracker/Jira/Confluence to GP and SEFA to ensure all dollars are reflected accurately
- Ensure staff accountants are reconciling their invoices to what’s being accrued in GP and that all necessary adjustments are being booked timely
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts per reconciliation schedule
- Ensure everyone is cross-trained on all grants so they can cover for each other when anyone is OOO and items are still due during this time
- Other duties or projects as they are assigned
Education & Qualifications:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field and two years directly related experience in accounting. Experience in a behavioral health or hospital setting is helpful.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process in a large, complex organization.
- Working knowledge of non-profit and GAAP accounting principles and procedures.
- Great Plains accounting software and Management Report Writer experience highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel including pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups, etc.
- Experience leading others is preferred.
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees’ low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.