Front Office Supervisor
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently seeking a Front Office Supervisor to join our Metro Outpatient Clinic! This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday, no weekends or holidays.
Working as a Front Office Supervisor, you are responsible for the oversight of front office operations and staff, working to ensure an exceptional level of customer service is provided to internal and external staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to front office staff
- Trains and evaluates front office staff, determining work assignment and schedules, adjusting clerical assignments to accommodate priority needs
- Assists in determining staffing needs and making hiring decisions
- Coordinates assigned activities with staff by scheduling work processes to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining and enhancing the quality of work
- Develops a training plan for each current and new employee
- Ensures staff has the tools and materials necessary to meet pre-established standards
- Manages and oversees daily work activities
- Monitors the quality and quantity of work produced
- Monitors adherence to/compliance with rules, policies, and procedures
- Recommends and implements goals and objectives of system and process improvements
- Establishes schedules and methods of office operations
- Ensures that employee payroll is approved accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for creating and maintaining spreadsheets and/or databases
- Works closely with Client Financial Services (CFS)to provide the necessary coordination and support, successfully interfacing with clinical program needs
- Resolves all CFS issues (enrollment, eligibility, etc.)
- Coordinates collection and deposit of clients' accounts, billing, assessment of fees, and intake procedures
- Maintains/monitors AHCCCS Outreach Eligibility log/reports in order to ensure accurate reporting of screenings, intakes, and renewals for the site
- Collects ATC (Access to Care) data and reports data to management in a timely and consistent manner
- Supervises the maintenance of financial records
- Submits/coordinates work orders with Purchasing/Facilities department
- Submits supply orders and tracks supply inventory in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Works with Information Systems (IS) to identify and resolve problems and concerns with software and equipment
- Ensures that a high level of customer service is provided to all internal and external customers
- Resolves consumer complaints in a timely and effective manner
- Works closely with the medical and behavioral health providers, site RN and MA staff to provide support, complaint resolution, triage of medically related phone calls and proper follow up as indicated
- Receives direction on a daily basis and works as team with the Front Office Representatives, Medical Assistants, Program Coordinator/Director and site staff
- May be expected to work at various SB&H locations as required
Education & Qualifications:
- Requires a High School diploma plus two years of direct experience, supervisory experience is highly preferred
- Graduate from a MA program and MA certificate are highly preferred.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and ability to establish/implement a system that ensures fee collection
- Requires prior experience, preferably, in a behavioral health setting
- Demonstrates advanced skills with computers and Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, effective problem-solving abilities, and self-directed critical thinking
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire