Front Office Representative
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Job Preview at a Glance:
The Front Office Representative will be responsible for processing medication refill requests, prior authorizations, and lab results. In addition, manages prescriber schedules and acts as a liaison between consumers, prescribers, and other clinical staff. MAs are encouraged to apply.
Location & Schedule:
We are seeking a Front Office Representative to join our Mesa Outpatient Clinic! This is a full-time 40 hour per week position (Monday thru Thursday 10a-7p and Friday 8a-5p). Medical Assistants encouraged to apply!
- Processes refill requests, medication issues and prior authorizations
- Processes and monitors lab results
- Administers injections as needed.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution
- Manages Prescriber schedules (blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases and scheduling of consumer appointments
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols
- Obtains vital signs for Prescribers
- Schedules medication, counseling, and intake appointment.
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Calls to reschedule appointments when clinical staff are out unexpectedly.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by Front Office Supervisor, Program Director and/or Administrative Coordinator.
- Greets consumers and answers all incoming phone calls by third ring.
- Checks clients in/out.
- Confirms/updates consumer contact information.
- Verifies consumer eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D.
- Processes transfer requests
- Collects client fees/copay
- May be expected to work at various SB&H locations as required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Requires prior clerical experience, preferably in a behavioral health setting (Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements)
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program highly preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical or behavioral health background preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
SB&H Mission & Values:
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE