Front Office Representative/Medical Assistant
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are seeking a Medical Front Office Representative to join our Metro Outpatient Clinic.
Medical Assistants highly encouraged to apply! This is a full-time 40 hour per week position.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview At A Glance:
Responsible for processing medication refill requests, prior authorizations, and lab results. In addition, manages prescriber schedules and acts as a liaison between consumers, prescribers, and other clinical staff.
- Processes refill requests
- Processes medication issues and prior authorizations
- Processes and monitors lab results
- Administers injections as needed.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution
- Manages Prescriber schedules (blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases and scheduling of consumer appointments
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols
- Obtains vital signs for Prescribers
- Schedules medication, counseling, and intake appointment.
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Calls to reschedule appointments when clinical staff are out unexpectedly.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by Front office Representative Supervisor, Program Director and/or Administrative Coordinator.
- Greets consumers.
- Answers all incoming phone calls by third ring.
- Checks clients in/out.
- Confirms/updates consumer contact information.
- Verifies consumer eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D.
- Processes transfer requests
- Collects client fees/copay
- May be expected to work at various SB&H locations as required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical or behavioral health background preferred
- Requires prior clerical experience, preferably in a behavioral health setting (Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements)
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program
- Medical Assistant Certification
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
SB&H Mission & Values: To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, www.sbhservices.org.
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.