Front Office Represenative
Southwest Behavioral Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 3 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offere low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life coverage for employees.Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
We are looking for a Customer Services Oriented Front Office Rep to join our Lake Havasu City Program!
Responsible for processing medication refill requests, prior authorizations, and lab results. In addition, manages prescriber schedules and acts as a liaison between consumers, prescribers, and other clinical staff.
- Processes refill requests
- Processes medication issues and prior authorizations
- Processes and monitors lab results
- Administers injections as needed.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution
- Manages Prescriber schedules (blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases and scheduling of consumer appointments
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols
- Obtains vital signs for Prescribers
- Schedules medication, counseling, and intake appointment.
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Calls to reschedule appointments when clinical staff are out unexpectedly.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by CSR Supervisor, Program Director and/or Administrative Coordinator.
- Greets consumers.
- Answers all incoming phone calls by third ring.
- Checks clients in/out.
- Confirms/updates consumer contact information.
- Verifies consumer eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D.
- Processes transfer requests
- Collects client fees/copay
- May be expected to work at various SBH locations as required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Two years of experience, preferably in a clinical setting (Related college course work may substitute for work experience)
- Requires prior clerical experience, preferably in a behavioral health setting (Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE