Front Office Medical Assistant
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Front Office Medical Assistant to join our Buckeye Outpatient Clinic! Work schedule is within the operation hours Monday through Thursday 8 AM to 7 PM and Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing effective customer service to both internal and external SB&H customers. In addition, you will be responsible for processing medication refill requests, obtaining vitals and act as a liaison between consumers, prescribers, and other clinical staff.
- Schedules consumer medication, counseling and intake appointments.
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases.
- Answers all incoming phone calls and assist accordingly.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution.
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided.
- Greets clients and checks clients in/out of appointments.
- Tracks incoming referrals and outreaches accordingly.
- Verifies consumer eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D.
- Submit prior authorizations for services.
- Collects client fees/copay.
- Assists clients with applying for AHCCCS.
- Manages Prescriber/PCP schedules (blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Obtains vital signs for tele-med prescribers and PCP providers.
- Administers injections, performs venipuncture and EDGs as needed.
- Processes medication refill requests.
- Processes medication issues and prior authorizations.
- Processes and monitors lab results.
- Daily scanning and uploading of documentation into client database.
- Responsible for faxing requests out and the distribution of incoming faxes.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by Front Office Representative Supervisor, Program Director and/or Administrative Coordinator.
- May be expected to work at various SB&H locations as required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical or behavioral health background preferred
- Requires prior clerical experience, preferably in a behavioral health setting (Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)