Front Office Medical Assistant
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3.3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Front Office Medical Asssitant to join our Broadway Outpatient Clinic. This is a full-time position Monday-Friday working 40 hours per week.
Under the direction of the Front Office Supervisor, this position will be responsible for performing front office duties including patient care activities, front office check-in and check-out, scheduling, verifying medical insurance, and scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Confirms appointments one to two days prior for all medical, counseling, and intake appointments.
- Schedules medication, counseling, and intake appointment.
- Obtains vital signs for tele-med prescribers and PCP providers
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols
- Administers injections, performs venipuncture and EKGs as needed
- Takes vital signs of consumers and communicates results to polycom prescribers as needed.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution
- Manages Prescriber/PCP schedules (scheduling appointments, blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases and scheduling of consumer appointments
- Calls one-day prior to appointment for next day BHMP and PCP appointments.
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate
- Completes Shells in EMR system
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Calls to reschedule appointments when clinical staff are out unexpectedly.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by Front Office Supervisor and/or Program Director.
- Greets clients and check in/out of appointments.
- Answers all incoming phone calls by third ring.
- Confirms/updates consumer contact information.
- Verifies client insurance eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D, etc.
- Collects client fees/copay
- Assist clients with applying for AHCCCS
- May assist with processing refill request, med issues, and/or prior authorizations.
- Obtains appropriate paperwork from clients.
- Receive direction on a daily basis and works as a team with site staff, Front Office Supervisor and/or Program Director.
- Triage client services
- Submit prior authorizations for insurance
- May be required to provide coverage at various SBH locations as required.
- May be required to work different work shifts based on the needs of the site.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program required. Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff and outside vendors
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical or behavioral health background preferred.
- Requires prior clerical and/or customer service experience, preferably in a behavioral health or healthcare setting. Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements.
- Must be eligible and/or have valid Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Arizona Department of Public Safety.