Front Off Representative
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Front Office Representative to join our Prescott Valley Outpatient Clinic! Schedule is a Monday -Friday 7am-4pm.
Working as a Front Office Rep, you will be responsible for performing front office duties including patient care activities, front office check-in and check-out, scheduling, verifying medical insurance, and scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Processes refill requests.
- Processes medication issues and prior authorizations
- Processes and monitors lab results.
- Makes requested client contact calls for customer service follow-up and complaint resolution
- Manages Prescriber schedules (blocking documentation time, meetings, etc.)
- Establishes, updates and maintains all client databases and scheduling of consumer appointments
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers and services received/provided
- Coordinates transportation as clinically necessary/appropriate
- Coordinates care and needs in accordance with established policies, procedures and clinical protocols
- Obtains vital signs for Prescribers
- Schedules medication, counseling, and intake appointment.
- Completes intake referrals and screening.
- Calls to reschedule appointments when clinical staff are out unexpectedly.
- Performs general clerical duties for the clinic as requested/assigned by CSR Supervisor, Program Director and/or Administrative Coordinator.
- Greets consumers.
- Answers all incoming phone calls by third ring.
- Checks clients in/out.
- Confirms/updates consumer contact information.
- Verifies consumer eligibility/enrollment prior to appointment: AHCCCS, RBHA/agency, Limited Income Subsidy, Medicare Part D.
- Processes transfer requests
- Collects client fees/copay
- May be expected to work at various SBH locations as required
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
- Completion of a Medical Assistant training program highly preferred.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical or behavioral health background preferred
- Requires prior clerical experience, preferably in a behavioral health setting (Consideration given for course work in lieu of part of the experience requirements)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE