Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team!
The Senior Financial Analyst acts as the liaison between Finance, business units, and IT departments; Completes business cases in support of projects; Participates in or facilitates business process modeling and research efforts. Acts as a consultant and reviews all documents on project teams.Acts as the liaison between Finance, business units, and IT departments; Completes business cases in support of projects; Participates in or facilitates business process modeling and research efforts. Acts as a consultant and reviews all documents on project teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing/uploading annual organizational budget and analyze/monitor, on a monthly basis, major variances between actual and budgeted financial results on a company and program basis.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding/working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them and analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.
- Design and implement cost control analysis.
- Identify non-value-added processes and seek solutions.
- Determine operational, technical, and support requirements for the needs of the users.
- Work with all departments, as necessary, to provide reporting needs.
- Develop, document and provide training for data capturing systems outside of CMHC.
- Coordinate with users to provide information about system capabilities and to recommend changes in procedures or other solutions to improve efficiency and resolve problems.
- Provide statistical reporting to management on a consistent basis including clinical/outcome reporting.
- Design and implement new or revised methods that effectively meet the needs of the company.
- Assist in the collection, reporting and analysis of financial data including cashflow projections, charts, tables, and other exhibits of company’s performance against historical forecasted, and strategic planning results to facilitate decision making.
- Analyze and test the data contained in new or existing information systems and utility programs
- Assist in the development of financial processes and claims data analysis.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Education & Qualifications:
- Effective performance in this position requires a minimum of bachelor’s level degree in business, accounting, or management, or work experience equivalent, and 5 years’ experience in business management to include financial analysis, data sampling, and statistical modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel including pivot tables, vlookups, hlookups, etc.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and keeping supervisor and customers notified of the status of all projects.
- In depth knowledge of the business of health care delivery.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE