Family Nurse Practitioner
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is currently looking for a Family Nurse Practitioner to join our Buckeye Outpatient Clinic! This is a part-time position working 10-20 hours per week with the possibility going up to 30 hours in the future.
As a primary care provider, you will provide comprehensive health care for the physical and mental health care of our psychiatric and substance abuse clients under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer. Responsible for ensuring that the primary care services are evidence based, and are consistent with current standards of care.
Location: Buckeye outpatient located at 26428 W. MC 85, Buckeye, AZ 85326.
About the Position
As a primary care provider, you will provide comprehensive health care for our members. Our Integrated Outpatient Clinics provide important primary care services within the convenience of a community mental health center. Health maintenance services include such services as physical exams, well woman exams, and immunizations. Patients may also make episodic visits for acute conditions such as upper respiratory infections and urinary tract infections, and receive ongoing care for chronic conditions such as asthma and diabetes. Referral services are be offered for laboratory services, x-rays or other imaging, or specialty care as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides health maintenance, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic medical conditions in a Southwest Family Medicine/ Southwest Behavioral & Health Clinic. This will occur in a manner consistent with all applicable policies and procedures regarding the provision of medical services.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests and procedures, and makes appropriate referrals to medical specialists.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, medications, the use of prescribed medical treatments, and other medical recommendations.
- Works collaboratively as a team member, agencies on behalf of SBH patients, other primary care providers, and the behavioral health professionals and technicians at the site.
- Attends required SBH and RBHA meetings as scheduled.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing plus APRN Certification as an FNP, ANP or Pediatric NP is required.
- Licensed by the State of Arizona; valid DEA certificate required.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.
- Must be credentialed/privileged with the RBHA and local medical facilities as determined by contractual requirements.
Do you want to help SB&H fulfill our mission, “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”? To gain a stronger understanding of Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website, https://www.sbhservices.org/history-mission-milestones.
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.