Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
We are hiring for a Family Coach with Payson Outpatient!
Hours are 9:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Friday with flexibility to meet family's needs.
As a Family Coach this position will serve as a central support for child and adolescent clients and their families. The position combines care collaboration functions and family skills development. In this position you will provide direct services in the home, school, office, or related community environment. Services will be provided to clients as directed by the Child and Family Teams, clinical teams, and client needs assessments. In accordance with the Arizona Vision for Children and Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) principles and philosophy, this position will be responsible for creating and implementing behavior modification plans to teach new methods of dealing with challenging behaviors, i.e., anger management, self-control, and conflict-resolution skills. Interventions may be 1:1 and group based and may include family skills development in the home, school-based skills development, support and empowerment of the family unit in the problem-solving and clinical care coordination between resources within and outside the agency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate and facilitate Child and Family Team Meetings and may also engage in a variety of supports such as peer support, mentoring, and tutoring.
- Provide life-skills training, identifying alternatives for caregivers in handling behaviors and monitoring progress in achieving goals.
- Crisis stabilization.
- Conducts mental health assessments.
- Facilitates group skills training
- Maintain accurate, thorough, and current documentation of contact with consumers’ treatment progress and services received.
- Ensures confidentiality of verbal and written consumer information.
- Coordinates clinical care between resources within and outside of the agency.
- Assist the consumer and/or parent/guardian in accessing resources within the community.
- Arranges transportation for consumers and family members for services as needed.
- Maintains expected level of productivity.
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or related field with 1-2 years of full-time behavioral health experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health totaling five years is acceptable
Experience with the principles and approach of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) highly preferred.
Valid AZ driver’s license & Motor Vehicle clearance
Certification in First Aid & CPR
Fingerprint clearance card
Experience working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals
Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking preferred
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE