Southwest Behavioral and Health Services is seeking a dedicated and empathetic Engagement Specialist who can help us fulfill our mission. “Delivering compassionate care to enhance lives and improve communities”. We are seeking someone who enjoys coordinating with people, ability solve problems, organized and excellent communication skills. Does this describe you? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Flagstaff team!
Job Preview at a Glance:
An Engagement Specialist provides outreach, engagement, screening, assessments, treatment planning, case management, and crisis intervention to children/adolescents, and adults. This position reports to a Program Director.
Location & Schedule:
This position is a Monday- Friday schedule, flexibility to work during clinic operating hours reporting to our Flagstaff Outpatient Clinic.
Pay: Starting $17.50
- Completes outreach to clients who do not attend appointments as planned and coordinates care with treatment team.
- Consult with clinical staff and other community stakeholders regarding consumer care.
- Works with clients with inconsistent attendance in order to identify and resolve barriers to treatment.
- Assist with closure of records for clients who complete treatment and/or are being closed for reasons aside from treatment completion.
- Prepares, issues, and tracks Notice of Actions (NOAs) for client with inconsistent attendance.
- Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of consumer contacts, service plans, treatment status, progress, and services delivery issues in accordance with SBH standards.
- Monitors caseload for re-authorizations as required.
- Engages in solution focused, strength based health/clinical services to consumers in accordance with company standards.
- Performs intakes and psychosocial assessments of families and their individual members, as needed.
- Works with other professionals to plan, market, and implement new programs.
- Maintains required number of client contact hours per week.
- Maintains expected level of productivity.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum requirement consist of a bachelor’s degree with one year full-time behavioral health experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience directly related to behavioral health, totaling five years, is acceptable.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon needs of the clinic.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SBH guidelines.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire
Southwest Behavioral and Health Services offer full time employees’ low-cost medical insurance and 100% company paid dental, short term disability, long term disability and life insurance for employees. 3.3 weeks of PTO your 1st year of employment, with increased accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service and 10 paid holidays. We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account. We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition costs with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs. Employee Assistance Program, Health & Wellness and much more!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
To learn about Southwest Behavioral & Health Services mission, values and services please review our website at https://www.sbhservices.org/
- Mission: Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities
- Values: Compassion, Integrity, Quality, Empowerment, Innovation and Trust
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.