Behavioral Health Technician
AZ-Prescott-Valley Outpatient Clinic (O)
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over seven hundred employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 20% company match after 1 year of service. Generous PTO includes 2 weeks of vacation your 1st year (available after 6 months) and accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, STD, LTD, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, sick time, vision, tuition reimbursement prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, and much more!
Southwest Behavioral and Health is currently looking for a fulltime (40 hours/week) Engagement Specialist to join our Prescott Valley Outpatient team! Work hours reflect between operational hours of the clinic, M-F 8am-7pm.
General Description: Provides screening, assessment, treatment planning, case management, and crisis intervention to children/adolescents and adults.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Completes outreach to clients who do not attend appointments as planned and coordinate care with treatment team.
Consult with clinical staff and other community human service professionals.
Works with clients with inconsistent attendance in order to identify and resolve barriers to treatment.
Assist with closure of records for client who complete treatment and/or are being closed for reasons aside from treatment completion.
Prepares, issues, and tracks Notice of Actions (NOAs) for client with inconsistent attendance.
Maintains accurate, thorough, and current documentation of consumer contacts, service plans, treatment status, progress, and services delivery issues in accordance with SBH standards.
Monitors caseload for re-authorizations as required.
Engages in solution focused, strength based behavioral health/clinical services to consumers in accordance with company standards.
Performs intakes and psychosocial assessments of families and their individual members, as needed.
Works with other professionals to plan, market, and implement new programs.
Maintains required number of client contact hours per week.
Maintains expected level of productivity.
Any other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications:
- Certification of CPR and First Aid Training
- Minimum requirement consists of a 22-year age, Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work) totaling 5 years is acceptable, & Motor Vehicle clearance.
- Good academic and working knowledge of DSM IV, State SMI check list, Community Resources, Psychotropic Medications, Crisis Intervention, Clinical Methods and Procedures, Intervention Techniques and ability to apply same to possible unstable, treatment resistant adult/adolescent/child of various ethnic cultures for co-occurring disorders (GMH/SA/SMI). To include one year of clinical supervision experience in a behavioral health setting.
- Knowledge and ability to function as a team, compile, organize, and document client assessments, intervention techniques, treatments, case planning and follow-up.
- Ability to participate in setting and defining project goals, objectives, and delivery of service modes, represent projects and actively participate in inter-agency, inter-disciplinary meetings.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, provide quality internal and external customer service skills to effectively dialogue with all contract and funding sources.
- Fingerprint Clearance or ability to obtain Fingerprint Clearance is required
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required