Director of Nursing, Central Arizona Outpatient
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is a large and growing, non-profit community-based provider of behavioral health services with locations throughout the Phoenix metropolitan area, rural Maricopa County, Gila, Pinal, Mohave, Coconino, and Yavapai Counties. We are a well-established voice in the community with more than 115 sites, over one thousand employees, and 40 years’ experience.
Join Southwest Behavioral & Health for exceptional growth opportunities driven by our promote-from-within philosophy. We provide an EXCELLENT compensation and benefits package, including immediate participation in our 403(b) program with 40% company match after 1 year of service. Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 3 weeks of time-off your 1st year (available after 6 months) and increased vacation accruals after 2, 5 and 10 years of service! We offer low cost medical insurance and offer 100% company-paid dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life coverage for employees. Other great benefits include 10 paid holidays, vision, licensure/certification reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, prescription drug discounts, chiropractic services, 100% paid Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
We are seeking a Director of Nursing for our Outpatient Services in Central Arizona!
In this position you will plan, organize, develop and administer the activities of nursing care, medical support services and medical/behavioral heath care coordination within a recovery-oriented and integrated service delivery system. Duties include working closely with prescribers, supervising nursing personnel, coordinating services with medical practitioners and allied health care professionals both internal and external to SB&H Services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the nursing services at our Outpatient, Primary Care, and Opioid Replacement Services (Medication Assisted Treatment) programs throughout Central Arizona. Manages the nursing and medically related support services within the region.
- Provides clinical supervision to the RN Team Leads, nursing personnel, medical assistants and other staff members performing medically related activities.
- Participates in hiring and training of nursing personnel and other staff members performing medically related activities, including nursing protocols, coordination of care, ordering, storing and disposing of medical supplies, reporting and documentation requirements for medical personnel.
- Assists the VP of Outpatient Services and Chief Medical Officer in establishing and implementing procedures for nursing services, laboratory services, medication use, handling medical supplies.
- Assures all nursing/medical care standards and documentation are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and continuing education requirements. This includes completing quarterly audits and working with risk management on quality improvement.
- Consults with Chief Medical Officer and other prescribers in the standards and protocols for the administration of medications.
- Assists medical personnel in the proper documentation, management and reporting of medication/medical issues.
- Travels to outlying service locations throughout the region as needed.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum requirement consists of 21-year age
- Required to be Registered Nurse, currently licensed in the State of Arizona.
- Required to have a bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited college or university. Graduate degree in nursing highly preferred.
- Must have post-degree experience of five years in the area of psychiatric nursing or integrated clinical setting.
- Must have at least two years of nursing supervisor experience at the manager level or higher.
- Must demonstrate specialized experience in clinical and administrative supervision.
- Must have fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire.