Direct Care Provider
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Behavioral Health Technicians who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their full potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic Community Resilience Team!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Direct Care Providers who can help us fulfill our mission: “Delivering Compassionate Care to Enhance Lives and Improve Communities.” If you like to help people and have a big heart for compassionate care, this job is for you! If you are getting started in your career in Psychology, Social Work, Behavioral Health, or Health Care, we have great opportunities for learning and career advancement. Are you dedicated, enthusiastic, and inspiring? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team!
Job Preview at a Glance
The Direct Care Provider is a unique and exciting position where no one day is the same! The Direct Care Provider delivers services in a group home or residential setting to members experiencing mental health issues. The Direct Care Provider supports members with maintaining and improving their physical and mental health to gain greater independence in the community. The Direct Care Provider delivers 1:1 or group services in a home setting, providing support in maintaining a safe living environment, assisting with self-administration of medications, coordinating with other providers, developing socialization opportunities, and increasing connections with the community. You will be part of a phenomenal team, working with leadership that will provide you with weekly 1:1 supervision, bi-weekly team meetings, and monthly clinical oversight. Each day is a unique experience! You could spend your morning helping members keep their living environment safe and healthy and your afternoon bowling or hiking. Or it is possible that you may take members to the library in the morning and spend your afternoon teaching symptom management skills to improve quality of life. Each site offers unique programming based on the skills and passions of our Direct Care Providers. If you are a painter, we may offer art groups; if you are a hiker, we may take our members out on the many trails in our community. The sky is the limit as to what you can bring to the table to improve the lives of our members!
We are seeking a Direct Care Provider to work at our Residential site located in North Phoenix.
Schedule: Part time schedule can vary
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Challenging and rewarding position with an opportunity to interact with our members daily. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of members teaching them pre-vocational skills and life skills. Leading both one-on-one and small group learning; no two days are the same. You will be a life coach helping our valued members with nutritional meal planning, self-care, relaxation techniques, art and community outings.
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday hours flexible
- Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for members in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SB&H clinical standards.
- Maintain accurate account of weekly activity and monthly service logs.
- Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the members.
- Transports members as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- May be required to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on call” as required.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Minimum requirement consists of a 21-year age.
- A High School Diploma/GED and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting.
- Required to maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and pass motor vehicle screening for insurance purposes in order to transport clients, based upon need/requirements of the clinic and/or program.
- Required to maintain personal auto insurance per SB&H guidelines.
- Must have Level I fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements).
- An Associate’s degree and one year of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- A bachelor’s degree (related or non-related) in the behavioral health field plus six months of relevant experience in behavioral health.
- Completion of a Bachelor’ degree in the behavioral health field plus 120 hours of externship hours at a SB&H facility is acceptable.