Direct Care Provider
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Behavioral Health Technicians who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their full potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic teams!
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue up to 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program & discount degree programs!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options, 3 Dental Plan options and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Challenging and rewarding position with an opportunity to interact with our clients daily. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of clients teaching them pre-vocational skills and life skills. Leading both one-on-one and small group learning; no two days are the same. You will be a life coach helping our valued clients with nutritional meal planning, self-care, relaxation techniques, art and community outings.
Located at our 23rd Drive Bridge facility.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for consumers in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or case managers according to SB&H clinical standards.
- Maintain accurate account of weekly activity and monthly service logs.
- Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
- Collaborates with clinical teams and case managers to advocate for the best interest of the consumer.
- Transports consumers as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- May be required to cover evening/weekend hours and be “on call” as required.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- Checks vitals as needed and collaborates with registered nurse on the unit
- Participates in Utilization Management and Quality Management activities.
- Supervise and monitor clients while in the Crisis Recovery Unit or Recovery Transition Program.
- Provide input in daily staffing for the purpose of utilization review and discharge planning.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma/GED and two years of behavioral health/integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- An Associate's degree in an unrelated field and at least one year of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six months of behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience
- Have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and are able to pass a motor vehicle screen for insurance purposed in order to transport clients
- At some of our programs must have Level I fingerprint clearance issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or be eligible to receive within eight (8) weeks of hire (as required per program requirements)
- A related Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field; OR
- A Bachelor's degree in an unrelated field and at least six months of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience
- Experience in working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Job Reference #: 5929