Direct Care Provider - New Grad
Welcome New Grads!
Southwest Behavioral & Health Services offers an array of integrated behavioral & health programs to meet the unique needs of the communities we serve. We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring Behavioral Health Technician who can help us fulfill our mission. “We inspire people to feel better and reach their full potential. Through helping people discover their strengths, we improve our communities.” Are you dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring? If so, you may be the person we are looking for to join our dynamic team that has been transforming communities for over 40 years!
We have openings for Behavioral Health Technicians throughout multiple locations in the Valley. Various schedules are available including 1st shift, 2nd shift and overnight shift. Weekend availability is required.
Other than a life changing career, what is in it for you?
- What is your dream vacation? You accrue 3.3 weeks of PTO your first year of employment, this gives you plenty of time to plan your vacation, plus we offer 10 paid holidays!
- We will help you save for retirement – 40% company match up to a 10% deferral into your SB&H retirement account!
- Career Development – Benefit from our culture of internal promotion!
- We help you with your higher education goals – Reduce your tuition cost with our tuition reimbursement program, and student loan debt assistance!
- Benefits with you in mind - 3 Medical Plan options including telemedicine via phone, web app, 3 Dental Plan options, mental health services, and SO much more!
Job Preview at a Glance
Challenging and rewarding position in our Crisis Recovery Unit providing behavioral health interventions in a structured, non-hospital setting that assists adults in overcoming behavioral health crisis. Services are provided in a locked facility with 24-hour nursing coverage on the premises, court ordered treatment is also provided. You will have the opportunity to be a pivotal change maker in the lives of clients by connecting them with community resources. Working in an acute care setting, no two days are the same; you will be challenged with varied of patients overcoming behavioral health crisis.
- Provides assessments and crisis intervention.
- Develops treatment plans for clients in conjunction with psychiatrist and/or care coordinators according to SBH clinical standards.
- Attends and participates in-service training sessions and related training opportunities as made available.
- Completes/attends required clinical supervisions consistently each month.
- Checks vitals as needed and collaborates with registered nurse on the unit
- Transports client as appropriate in SB&H vehicle.
- Supervise and monitor clients while in the Crisis Recovery Unit.
- Participates in Utilization Management and Quality Management activities.
- Provide input in daily staffing for the purpose of utilization review and discharge planning.
- Will be required to drive personal vehicle for business needs (as required per program requirements).
- To ensure compliance & adequate services, additional job duties may be required to meet the needs of the program and or department.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma/GED and two years of behavioral health/integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- An Associate's degree in an unrelated field and at least one year of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- A related Associate’s degree and six months of behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience; OR
- Have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and are able to pass a motor vehicle screen for insurance purposed in order to transport clients
- A related Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health field; OR
- A Bachelor's degree in an unrelated field and at least six months of full-time behavioral health / integrated healthcare relevant work experience
- Experience in working with multi-cultural and low socio-economic individuals
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
SB&H is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE